CONTESTThe International Association «Duana de les Arts» (AIDA) presents the third exhibition and contest "Hommage à trois" in three categories. It is designed to honour the memory of three literary figures on the occasion of their respective birth anniversaries during 2022:
Ichiyō Higuchi (1872-1896)
Ichiyō Higuchi (1872-1896)
Three awards will be awarded for each category (Molière, Novalis and Ichiyō Higuchi); in short, then, up to a maximum of nine, which will be distributed as follows:
• € 1,500 among the top three prizes in each category (€ 500 for the first Molière prize; € 500 for the first Novalis prize and € 500 for the first Ichiyō Higuchi prize).
• The first three prizes in each category will receive a printed catalogue, in which each work will occupy a maximum space of six pages. They are also entitled to a video from the "Artistes" Collection.
• The works mentioned, a maximum of six in each category, are entitled to the catalogue in pdf, in which each work will occupy a maximum space of four pages. Artists who want a printed catalogue and a video, must be ordinary members of AIDA.
• Finalist works are also entitled to the catalogue in pdf, in which each work will occupy a maximum space of one page. Artists who want a printed catalogue and a video, must be protector members of AIDA.
• The selected works are also entitled to the catalogue in pdf format, in which each work will occupy a maximum space of a quarter of a page.
One member of AIDA management team, with one vote, plus five specialists in graphic art and literature, with one vote each, will form the Jury.
Throughout the month of September 2022, the selected artists will be announced and, during the last week of that month, the winners.
One set with the winners and mentioned works will be donated to the Biblioteca Nacional de Catalunya, where a biennial exhibition will be held and will be integrated in the Graphic Unit collection.
The winning artworks and the finalists, as well as a choice of the selected works, as appropriate, will be exhibited in an inaugural exhibition at La Ràpita between October 27 and November 13, 2022.
The inaugurations of the samples will be accompanied by a variety of complementary activities and the relevant dissemination will be made available to the media and social networks.
The participating artists will have a dossier of literary texts of the honoured writers, or texts about them, which can be used as guidance and inspiration.
Whenever the artworks are different, the artists can choose to take part in any of the three categories (Molière, Novalis or Ichiyō Higuchi) and present as many works as they want.
The participating artists will be periodically informed of all activities and the itinerary of the works through the social networks and, where appropriate, individually.
A digital catalogue of the selected and awarded artworks will be available on line, which will be permanently exposed for consultation on AIDA’s website and a paper limited edition for the first three prizes in each category, members of the jury, participating institutions, protector and patron members.